css templates

About

Our History

The church of All Saints' was first opened in 1889 for the Parish of the Church of Ireland, Raheny.

Edward Arthur Guinness
It was built at the expense of Edward Arthur Guinness (1840-1915), later known as Lord Ardilaun and the great-grandson of the founder of Guinness' Brewery. It was to replace the historic St. Assam's church - the ruins of which can be seen in the village today. It was built on the edge of St. Anne's Estate in return for certain rights in the parish, one of which was the presentation of the rector by Lord Ardilaun.

George C. Ashlin
The Church of Ireland Church was designed by the architect George C. Ashlin and has some wonderful architectural features notably the perfect symmetry of the overall design, the Cumberland roofing slates, granite walls with limestone dressings and the ornamental architraves of the doors. The materials for the building were mainly sourced in Ireland and it is described as 'early English' with a cruciform shape.

Messrs. Collen Brothers of Portadown and Dublin built it and if any one block was found to be imperfect in either shade or grain, it was returned immediately by the clerk of works on the site. The steeple was modelled on that of Salisbury Cathedral and was erected by Messrs. A.V. Sharpe of Great Brunswick Street.

Lady Ardilaun
Lady Ardilaun

Lady Ardilaun made a gift of a new organ to the church in December 1919 at a cost of £800 as a memorial to her late husband. She also had several stained glass windows erected in memory of various members of her family. She died in December 1925 leaving the bulk of her estate to Lord Ardilaun's nephew the Hon. Rev. Dr. Benjamin John Plunket.

Important Links

image
Service Times

Click below for service times

image
Raheny Carboot

Click below for information, dates and times of Raheny Carboot

image
Parish News

Click below for the latest Parish News and access to our News Archives

image
Prayer

Click Below for great links to daily prayers and video sermons

Parish Newsletter

Click below to subscribe to our bimonthly parish newsletter via email.

Newsletter